Admissions Policy: Faculty of Human Sciences
Admissions Policy: Faculty of Human Sciences
The Faculty of Human Sciences seeks to foster human resources who are appreciative of human dignity and respect it in education, healthcare, welfare and daily life so that it will be realized; and hence welcomes students with the following qualities:
- Students with a strong interest in human dignity-related phenomena occurring upon individuals, as well as in society and other countries
- Students with the basic knowledge and skills required to logically and objectively analyze such phenomena
- Students who are capable of enhancing their communication skills and actively collaborating with those specializing in other disciplines
- Students who are strongly motivated to support challenged individuals and local communities and contribute to the development of international society
Department of Education
The Department of Education welcomes students who are interested in the various issues associated with humans and education and are capable of addressing them flexibly and multifacetedly. We seek inquisitive students with a broad interest in the international community and different cultures.
- We seek students who are interested in the various issues associated with humans and education and are eager to find solutions to them. We especially welcome inquisitive students with a broad interest in the international community and different cultures.
- The basic academic competence commonly required across all entrance exam types include the ability to think and present logically in Japanese and basic English communication skills. We seek students who can use these skills to openly express their own ideas and at the same time accept the ideas of others, flexibly come up with ideas and think multifacetedly.
- We welcome a diversity of students with different personalities and cultural backgrounds. Furthermore, in the Special Exams, we will admit students that bear an interest in and understanding of various current affair-level educational issues covered by newspaper and other media, as well as the basic competence to organize and present one’s own thoughts about them.
Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology seeks students who bear a warm interest in others and value human dignity, and also possess the qualities described below:
- Students who are inquisitive about events that occur around them and are motivated to research and learn autonomously, and furthermore, students who are eager to flexibly approach matters with a multidimensional perspective
- Students with the courage to read published literature and study in collaboration with people from other disciplines
- Students who can analyze matters logically and objectively, and organize papers or deliver oral presentations
Department of Sociology
In order to achieve our aim of fostering human resources who qualify for a degree, the Department of Sociology welcomes students with the motivations and interests described below:
- Interest in a wide range of social disciplines, including politics, economy and history, in order to deeply understand diversified relationships among society, culture and individuals
- Positive attitude toward logical thinking and communication and the strong motivation to build on such abilities and foster a rich imagination to consider others and society
- Future vision of contributing in one’s own way to achieving a fair society where all members are respected based on mutual understanding
Department of Social Welfare
The Department of Social Welfare welcomes students with the qualities described below:
- We seek students profoundly interested in human dignity and self-motivated to learn on one’s own initiative to contribute to social development as well as to the world and local community.
- We seek students with a basic knowledge of society and welfare, the flexibility to think freely about a new welfare-oriented society, and the skills to solve problems through communication with others.
- We expect graduates to play a leading role in various dimensions, including not only in practicing social welfare but also in government and the private sector, and to take the initiative in designing and creating a new welfare-oriented society in terms of policy and operational structure.
Department of Nursing
The Department of Nursing welcomes those who understand the aims of this department and are interested in the various issues associated with humans and education and can address them flexibly and multifacetedly. We seek inquisitive students with academic interest in a wide range of fields who are eager to actively learn scientific, clinical, and operational knowledge, to contribute in various ways to the health and welfare of people, and to contribute to the development of nursing to levels exceeding conventional vocational education in nursing.
- We welcome inquisitive students with academic interest in a wide range of fields who are eager to actively acquire scientific, clinical, and operational knowledge.
- We welcome students interested in various health-related issues who are capable of approaching them from diverse perspectives.
- We welcome students with a clear will to contribute to the health and welfare of people in various ways.
- We welcome inquisitive students who are eager to contribute to the development of nursing studies.