FST: When and How to Apply
When and How to Apply for a Bachelor’s Program in Science and Technology
Please note that this program is open to new applicants only for the Autumn semester.
For Applicants for Autumn First Period with the IB Predicted Grades from November 2023 Session
If you’re applying with predicted grades of November 2023 session, make sure to request the “Transcript of Results”
to be sent to Sophia University from the IBO in advance so the result reaches Sophia University by Friday, January 12, 2024.
Your application will be screened with the final result and the acceptance will be unconditional. Please see details in the “Application Procedure” booklet.
For Applicants who intend to use the GI Bill to fund their studies
Students entering Sophia University from AY 2024 will not be able to make use of GI Bill benefits to pay for educational expenses.
■Autumn 2024 entry (September)
First application for first-year students
|Application Period (on-line)||November 15, 2023, 10:00 a.m. ~ December 8, 2023, 11:59 p.m. (JST)|
|Application Materials Receipt Deadline||December 13, 2023|
|Notice of Results||February 9, 2024, 10:00 a.m. (JST)|
|Matriculation Deadline for Admitted Students||April 12, 2024|
Second application for first-year students and transfer students
|Application Period (on-line)||March 13, 2024, 10:00 a.m. ~ April 3, 2024, 11:59 p.m. (JST)|
|Application Materials Receipt Deadline||April 10, 2024|
|Notice of Results||June 7, 2024, 10:00 a.m. (JST)|
|Matriculation Deadline for Admitted Students||July 10, 2024|
・ An applicant who has not been accepted in a past application may re-apply for the subsequent application periods.
・ Transfer applications will be accepted ONLY during the second application period.
All applicants must read through the “Application Procedure” booklet.
Note: To access the AY 2023 Application Guidelines, click here .
Application is accepted through the following steps. Make sure to complete each step.
- Prepare the required materials (refer to the “Application Procedure” booklet).
- Register for the on-line application website (indicated in the booklet above) to create your “My Page.”
Important information will be sent to the email address you register here until enrollment in Sophia. Please make sure to use an email address you’ll always be able to check even after leaving your current school.
- Make sure to include all your application information during your on-line application.
Registration for application is open only during the online application period for each admission.
- Pay the application fee and submit your application online.
- Mail the printed application forms and other application materials to the Sophia Admissions Office by express traceable shipping service.
Please make sure to read the Application Procedure booklet for the details about application documents or your application might end in a failure.
1. Application Forms
2. Essay (500 words) (use the form provided)
3. Official Transcripts
4. Certificate of Graduation from High school (only freshmen applicants)
If you need a form, please use the form provided.
5. Standardized Test Scores (refer to the “Application Procedure” booklet)*
*Make sure to check the details of the requirements for each option.
6. Proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL®/IELTS)
7. Two Letters of Recommendation (use the form provided)
8. Photocopy of Passport
9. Application Materials Checklist (use the form provided)
- Essay Form(14.93 KB)
- Application Materials Checklist(88.88 KB)
- Recommendation letter form
WORD(15.16 KB) / PDF(44.17 KB)
- International Baccalaureate Predicted Grades Report Form
WORD(37.50 KB) / PDF(5.01 KB)
- GCE Predicted Grades Report Form
WORD(20.97 KB) / PDF(4.54 KB)
- Certificate of Graduation/Expected Graduation
WORD(34.50 KB) /PDF(3.93 KB)
Application Fee: 30,000 yen
On-line payment handling fee of 990 yen will be charged in addition to the application fee.
Payment should be made by credit card, at a convenience store (inside Japan), via Pay-easy, or via on-line banking during the application period. Payment must be completed by 11:59 p.m. (JST) of each on-line application deadline. After the deadline, application will not be accepted. The application fee is non-refundable once it is paid.
For more information on the program, housing and scholarships, go to our Web Piloti website.