SPSF: After you Apply
Results, Matriculation, Credits, Visa and Housing
After you apply, you will find out the result and go about the entrance procedures once you win admission.
Notice of Results
Applicants can confirm their acceptance/rejection on “MyPage” via the application portal (indicated in the Application Procedure) from 10:00 a.m. (JST) on the results-notice date (See When and How to Apply ).
- Sophia University will not disclose the results of an application by telephone, fax or e-mail.
- Acceptance is valid only for the semester specified in the letter of acceptance.
- No physical materials (including a letter of acceptance) will be sent to applicants from the Sophia Admissions Office.
To secure admission, a newly admitted student must pay the fees prior to university entrance and submit the necessary forms to the Sophia Admissions Office by the deadlines. (See When and How to Apply )
The process would be as follows:
1. Click “Entrance Procedures” on “My Page” to download the booklet of “Entrance Procedures.”
Please read through all the information and follow the instructions in this booklet to secure admission.
2. Choose the program to start entering the required information and upload a face photo online.
3. Print out the designated documents (payment slip for payment in Japan, Student Record / Pledge).
4. Complete the payment of the fees and post mail the required documents by the matriculation deadline.
The fees due prior to university entrance include some items paid only once at the time of matriculation, and other items which are the first installment of fees due each semester or year. Also refer to Fees and Scholarships.
The fees due prior to University entrance in the academic year 2023 are as follows.
*The exact amount of the fees for 2024 entry will be decided in September 2023
The fees due prior to university entrance 2023 for SPSF
|Entrance Fee||200,000 yen|
|Tuition Fee||539,000 yen|
|Semester Enrollment Fee||30,000 yen|
|Education Enhancement Fee||105,000 yen|
|Premium for Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research||2,650 yen（freshmen, for a 4-year period）|
|Total fees for freshmen||876,650 yen|
- Tuition fees are revised annually based on the rate of inflation.
- Education Enhancement Fee for the second semester on is 105,000 yen.
- The fees due prior to University entrance are not refundable. However, if a student notifies Sophia University of his/her intention not to attend by the appointed deadline, these fees, with the exception of the Entrance Fee and a handling charge, may be refunded. For details, please refer to the “Entrance Procedures” leaflet.
Transfer of Credits and Residency Time
Students who have earned credits at another university before entering as a freshman may transfer up to 30 credits with an approval from the department/university. Students using this system may transfer credits, but not residency time. Application for transfer of credits should be made within three months of entering Sophia University. The syllabus of each subject must be attached with the application.
Departments which admit early graduation and the details of requirements will be informed after enrollment in Sophia University.
Visa Status and Housing
Students coming from abroad to study at Sophia University must have a college student status of residence or any other appropriate status of residence such as a diplomatic, official, or dependent status. A temporary visitor status is not acceptable. To qualify for a college student status of residence, a student is required to register for at least 4 regular courses (i.e., at least 10 hours of class time per week). Additional information concerning college student status of residence will be sent to each student after acceptance.
Sophia University has several off-campus dormitories and offers affiliated housing options. For more information, please refer to “Housing” (*Go to our Web Piloti website).
Request for Withdrawal
The refund policy will be notified to admitted students via the Entrance Procedures booklet.
Following the instructions in the booklet, fill out both forms (A&B) below and submit the files to the Admissions Office if you decide to withdraw.
A. Request for Refund of Matriculation Fee
B-1. Notification Sheet for Remittance (Domestic)
B-2. Notification Sheet for Remittance (Overseas)
*Fill out only the one which applies to the kind of remittance you used (Domestic or Overseas)